Recent General Posts
Proper Storage of Your Valuables is Important
As your local SERVPRO®, our professionals are ready and available 24/7/365 to assist you when you need us most, as it relates to water damages to your home or place of business. While it is extremely important to our organization to be that helping hand to you, it is just as important that we play a part in helping you prepare for the unknown.
Unfortunately, no one knows when disaster will strike, but there are some things you can do each year to be prepared, especially as storm season comes and goes.
In our business, we have seen far too many valuables become ruined because they were not properly stored in your home. Google offers great options for storage containers and taking a few minutes to online-purchase several of these is well-worth your time. Once you receive your containers, we recommend going through your home and placing photo albums, books, family heirlooms, and other precious valuables in the containers-- dry, of course.
Even though this may seem obvious, schedule an semi-recurring calendar reminder on your phone to remind yourself when it's time to clean. More often than not, those seasonal, decorative items that get tucked in that unseen corner of that room on the other end of the house. In the event of a water damage, you will likely not have time to clear these areas that collect items throughout the year.
SERVPRO® technicians are trained to deal with any water damage disaster.
Water damage? Call us today at 404-378-9998.
Emergency Kits are Essential!
The Southeastern US is quite a hot spot for severe storms, especially those areas near the coastal areas. Having an emergency kit to survive a bad storm containing power outages for days as emergency personnel make their way to fallen trees on powerlines is always a good measure to follow. And as with any item you rarely use, it is important that you store it in a location that is easily accessible in the time of an emergency.
Please do not wait for an event to happen—instead, get out ahead of it.
Items to consider for your family’s emergency kit:
- Storage: Purchase a heavy-duty plastic storage tub with latching lids. Store smaller items inside the tub in air-tight plastic storage bags. Make sure this storage container is easy to access on a moment’s notice.
- Water: Store unopened water bottles in a cool, dark environment next to your emergency kit. You want to figure enough water for 1 gallon per day for each family member. It is also a good idea to plug a bathtub and fill it with water to use for basic hygiene and sanitation procedures.
- Food: Store a three-to-four-day supply of nonperishable food in your emergency kit. Keep an eye on expiration dates. Food items with longer shelf lives include but not limited to canned veggies, soups, energy bars, and unsalted nuts. Remember this is an emergency, storm-survival kit—not trying to win a cooking show here.
- First Aid: Essential to any survival kit is having first aid handy and ready to use, if needed. You will want the necessities to a First Aid Kit, so of course Motrin/Tylenol, and any store supplies to treat injuries like cuts, wounds, pain and burns.
- Toiletries: All the type of items you tend to forget about in a normal day having plenty of supply. You will want to include the basics in your kit: toilet paper, tissue, soap, toothpaste, diapers and hand sanitizer.
- Radio: We live in a day where an AM/FM radio is nearly foreign to children today, so this is a perfect time to run to Walmart (with your child for educational purposes) and purchase a battery-powered or hand crank radio so you can tune in to important storm warnings and other emergency information that would normally be available at your fingertips. To avoid corrosion, store your batteries for the radio, uninstalled, in a plastic baggy labeled “Radio.”
- Flashlight / Lantern: Being in the fire restoration business, it is encouraged to steer clear of using burning candles for light, especially with pets and children present in the home. Instead, make sure and pick up a flashlight or lantern along with an extra set of batteries!
- Heat: An indoor propane heater or a camp-like stove can act as much needed comfort when the power is out for an extended period. But whatever you do, please make sure the heater (or stove) is safe for indoor use.
- Cash-on-Hand: Even when the storm is over, ATMs and credit/debit card machines could still be down. Make sure to keep a backup supply of cash for emergency supplies needed when stores are unable to accept plastic.
Business Owners- Do you have an Emergency Ready Profile?
If you are a business owner, the absolute, most important step you can take to ensuring your business is prepared for the unfortunate (and most often, unpredictable) event of fire, water, mold, and biohazard events from occurring is scheduling a time for your local SERVPRO® to come out and offer our free, at-no-cost assessment of your facility.
During this visit, we are not there to show you every flaw of your building. Your time is valuable, and let's be honest, who wants to hear about everything structurally vulnerable to your building. Instead, we simply gather all of the pertinent information regarding your building, such as the locations of all of your main water shut-off valves, for instance. We also take the time to take photos of these valves with descriptions of where they are located in your building, as well as establish a proper chain-of-command of who your SERVPRO® professionals should be communicating with when having work authorizations signed, and more.
Your property manager and team will receive a physical copy of this Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) as well as a free app for those approved in your building to access at any given time to ensure the proper response to any unfortunate event that has taken place at your building. A whopping 50% of businesses may never reopen after suffering a disaster, such as a water or fire damage. Alternatively, the businesses who took us up on establishing an ERP for their building are able to reopen quickly because of this preparation. We do the work for you in creating your ERP as a token of our appreciation for being your dependable, local team of disaster restoration professionals.
Give SERVPRO® of Decatur a call today to schedule your ERP! You will never regret it!
For Immediate Service in Decatur, Call SERVPRO
Call us at 404-378-9998
SERVPRO of Decatur provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Decatur. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 404-378-9998
Whether your Decatur home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There is never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Decatur commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
We are a IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Decatur is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field is constantly changing with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Decatur
SERVPRO of Decatur specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We are always "Ready for whatever happens"
We are always "Ready for whatever happens"
SERVPRO of Decatur understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the interruption it causes to your life and home. Our goal is to help minimize the disruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Decatur specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage situation. SERVPRO of Decatur also mitigates mold and mildew from your home or business. Our staff and crews are highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at our corporate training facility to regular IICRC industry certification, you can be assured our staff are equipped with the knowledge they need to restore your property. With advanced "real-world" training facilities you know you are in good hands with SERVPRO of Decatur.
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today! 404-378-9998
With over 1,700 Franchises nationwide we have the resources to help promptly with any size of problem. SERVPRO Industries, Inc. is the nationwide Brand you know and trust.
SERVPRO is a national sponsor for the American Red Cross “Ready Rating” Program. This free, web-based program designed to help businesses, organizations and schools become better prepared for emergencies. The Red Cross Ready Rating Program allows individuals to assess their readiness for a disaster, so they can take all necessary steps before disaster strikes to protect their property from damage and loss.
Now Hiring! Production Crew Chief
Do you love the challenge of leading a team and helping customers through a difficult situation? Do not miss your chance to join our nationally recognized company. As the Production Crew Chief for SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties, you will be making a difference in the lives of our customers each and every day. We have a sincere desire of helping make fire and water damage “Like it never even happened!” We are seeking a team member who is comfortable working in challenging situations, meeting new people, has excellent communication skills, and is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have outstanding interpersonal skills, then you will thrive in this work environment. Our idea of the ultimate candidate is one who is proactive, experienced, enjoys providing superior service, and loves taking ownership. As a valued member of our team, you will be part of a stable, growing company, offering state-of-the-art customer service and products throughout the United States. You will receive a competitive pay rate, with opportunity to learn and grow.
Hours: 40 hours/week, flexible to work overtime when required.
SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Respond to and manage water/fire losses.
Communicate with property owners and insurance adjusters.
Project estimating, costing and quality control.
Ensure job processes and procedures are followed.
Monitor projects to completion.
Maintain equipment and vehicle inventory.
Must have a professional appearance and great attitude.
Must have a valid driver license with a reasonable driving record.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test.
Because we provide 24 hour emergency services, must be willing to be on call, as needed.
Some night and weekend work is required.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
At least 6 months experience in the Fire and Water restoration industry.
IICRC WRT certification.
Please email your resume to sp8537@SERVPRO8537.com or visit our office to complete an application.
Local business makes UGA Top 100 list
SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties (SERVPRO of Clayton County, SERVPRO of Decatur) has been named in the UGA Alumni Association’s ranking of the “2016 Bulldog 100: Fastest Growing Bulldog Businesses.” The honor marks the fourth year the McDonough-based firm has made the list. “We are honored to be selected to the Bulldog 100 again this year,” said Brown in a press release statement. “This award is due in large part to our dedicated team of professionals who work hard each day for our customers to help make fire and water damage "Like it never even happened.’” Read full article
What Do You Want for Christmas? A CAREER AT SERVPRO
NOW HIRING - Join our Team!
What is the Christmas present that "keeps on giving" and no one wants to return? A CAREER AT SERVPRO of Decatur! Now hiring for an Administrative Assistant in our Construction Division and Crew Chiefs and Technicians in our Water Division. Apply now -
Administrative Assistant - Construction - https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/SERVPRO-of-henry-spalding-counties-a3cf3f82/administrative-assistant-construction-5eb55f15
Crew Chief - https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/SERVPRO-of-henry-spalding-counties-a3cf3f82/production-crew-chief-10fac8e3
Production Technician - https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/fb587de6
Congratulations to our Facebook Contest Braves Tickets Winner!
Congratulations to our Facebook Contest Braves Tickets Winner, Monica Tookes! Monica won tickets for her and a friend to enjoy a day of Braves baseball! To see how you can win, "Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SERVPRO8537?ref=settings